Tuesday 2 June 2015

Doesn't really French speak in English?

French is a strange nation ( of course, in good meaning ;)). They arrange some trivial small talks about weather, on the other hand they have deep conversations about politics. But when you say, that they don't know English, it causes something like storm! It's their sore point. But the truth is, that only one in six man can speak English longer than 10 minutes. It's not an amazing result. Of course, the have a lot of excuses: that's the fault of their school system, private lessons are very expensive etc. With all responsibility I can say the only reason is that they are very lazy. They don't want to get tired. They got used to speak French with all business partners or with tourists. Even in the restaurant is hard to find a waiter who would be able to provide us with English menus, not to mention the other languages. When I was in France in 2012, I wanted to find one place from "Amelie" movie. So me and my friends, we went to "Starbucks" and tried to talk with waiters in English, because our French wasn't good enough. We were very suprised when they didn't even tried to understand us. When they heard our French, they were disgusted, so we were forced to look for ourselves.Because of my experience I can say, that french people adore their own language only. But what can I say, it's a beautiful language!

Interesting fact: 34% of French people speak English.

No comments:

Post a Comment